Contact our Customer CareContact Us
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF DANA APPLICATION
(Updated March 31, 2022)
User must read these Terms and Conditions carefully and contact DANA if you have any questions.
1) DANA means DANA application and payment services in the form of electronic money, electronic wallet, transfer, and other support services, mobile based which can be used through telecommunications device. DANA is established by PT Espay Debit Indonesia Koe (EDIK) as holder of authorized license and obtained approval for electronic money, electronic wallet, fund transfer, digital financial services from Bank Indonesia.
2) Escrow Account means collection account of fund on partner bank that cooperates and registered in DANA for utilization of DANA features.
3) DANA Account means all registered account in DANA application by User to use any features in DANA.
4) Premium Account or DANA Premium Account means DANA Account owned by Verified User.
5) Bank means entity mobilizing funds from the public in the forms of Deposits and channeling them to the public in the forms of credit and/or other forms.
6) User or DANA User means every person who is registered as DANA Account and/or DANA Premium Account owner which also acts as the owner of DANA Balance as recorded in DANA.
7) Unverified User or Unverified DANA User means User which has not completed the verification process.
8) Verified User or Verified DANA User means User which has completed the verification process by uploading a selfie and a photo of ID Card.
9) DANA Balance means the amount of electronic money which are put and recorded in DANA. The amount stated as electronic money will be put in the Escrow Account and can be used by Users for any transaction using DANA.
10) Handphone Number means cellular phone number (handphone) or smartphone which are registered by Users to access DANA.
11) Telecommunication Device means handphone, cellular phone, or smartphone, personal computer in forms of tablet or any other telecommunication devices and using Android or IOS Operating System (OS) including other operating systems which may exist in the future and support DANA application.
12) Merchant means any parties including institutions, companies or individuals performing transactions which payment are using DANA based on cooperation agreement with EDIK and/or DANA aggregator or any other terms of cooperation.
13) Transaction means all transactions which may be made by User through DANA, in Indonesia and/or abroad (as relevant), which have been made available through features in DANA application, as well as any transactions that will be made available in the future.
14) Agent means any third party whom cooperate with EDIK to provide certain services or functions which can be used through DANA.
15) Promotion or Promo is an offer of promotional benefits and/or incentives for using features and services on the DANA application which has special terms and conditions for the offer of such promotional benefits and/or incentives. The determination of the type and terms of the Promotion is the absolute authority of EDIK. Information, terms and conditions related to each promotional and/or incentive program will be provided through media that can be easily accessed by Users.
EDIK has the right to terminate or cancel promotional and/or incentive programs if:
a. there is a cancellation there is a transaction made by the User
b. there is an act of abuse of promotion/promotion (abusive)
c. there are fraudulent acts against promotions/promotions (fraudulent) and/or
d. found other suspicious activity.
II. GENERAL CONDITIONS
2) Every Handphone Number can only be used for 1 (one) DANA account.
3) User can execute any Transaction if they have sufficient DANA Balance. The amount of DANA Balance is limited to:
a. Rp2.000.000 (two million rupiahs) for DANA Account owned by Unverified DANA User;
b. Rp20.000.000,- (twenty million rupiahs) for DANA Premium Account; or
c. Other amounts as determined from time to time in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
4) Limit of incoming Transaction in 1 (one) DANA Account for 1 (one) calendar month is:
a. Rp20.000.000 (twenty million rupiahs) for DANA Account owned by Unverified DANA User; or
b. Rp40.000.000,- (twenty million rupiahs) for DANA Premium Account. Incoming transaction including initial top up, incoming fund transfer and/or top up.
5) EDIK may suspend or reject a Transaction if the DANA security system considers that the Transaction made is unreasonable for security reasons. The status of the User's transaction will be informed directly to the User through the transaction page on the DANA Account.
III. DANA ACTIVATION
User may register DANA Account for the first time, by:
1) Downloading DANA application on Telecommunication Device which are available on Google Play Store (for Android) and Apple App Store (for iOS) and installing DANA in the Telecommunication Device;
2) After installing DANA on the Telecommunication Device, the User can carry out the activation process by following the instructions and providing information, including:
i. Account Name;
ii. PIN (6 digits) which is determined by the User;
3) If User wants to upgrade DANA Account to Premium Account, User will be asked and prompted to upload a selfie and KTP on User’s DANA Account. Every registration request as Verified User will be considered as a legitimate request from User.
4) All information or data sent by User regarding the registration of Premium Account will be stored by EDIK in order to verify the request, and will be used for Face Verification authentication method which are regulated in Terms and Conditions IV number 3.
5) Approval and/or rejection of User verification request are considered as the authority of EDIK subject to applicable laws and regulations.
EDIK may, delay, refuse or cancel the approval of the User's verification application if it is found that there are, among other things:
1. Misuse of User identity
2. Identity that is not in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
User verification status and the need for other documents for verification purposes will be informed to the User through the DANA Account page.
6) User agree to guarantee the accuracy of all data and information submitted by Users regarding DANA activation and/or verification. User is fully responsible when the data and information submitted are found inaccurate, wrong, and/or fake in the future.
7) By activating a DANA account and/or verifying a DANA Premium Account, the User understands and agrees to give EDIK access to the contact phone number on the User's electronic device to be used in connection with activities on the DANA Application, namely the Feed feature, Send Money (Send Money), purchases pulses and other features.
IV. PIN, OTP, and Face Verification
In terms of authentication and/or verification, DANA has 3 authentication methods consisting of PIN, OTP and DANA Viz (Face Verification).
1) PIN (Personal Identification Number)
i. PIN means personal identification number set by User, when User activates DANA application, to verify User’s identity in DANA security system.
ii. User will be asked to fill in PIN to verify payment and/or the use of certain features determined by EDIK, to ensure the validity or to verify that the Transaction is carried out by the User.
iii. Users shall keep the PIN confidential and shall be fully responsible for the security of PIN. Any losses arising from User’s failure/negligence maintaining the confidentiality of PIN will be user’s responsibility. Any verified PIN transmission from a User's DANA account will be considered a legitimate Transaction and/or activity from User and will therefore be binding and have a legal effect on User.
iv. Unless otherwise specified, PIN can be changed by other authentication methods provided by EDIK or by other parties who collaborate with EDIK which has been approved by EDIK.
v. User agrees to bear all the risks involved when disclosing PIN to any third party and will be fully responsible for any consequences arising from and related to it.
vi. EDIK does not know and will never ask User to disclose PIN to EDIK.
2) OTP (One Time Password)
i. OTP (One Time Password) is a passcode sent via Short Message Service (SMS) to User’s Handphone Number registered on DANA application, which functions to verify certain Transaction or actions taken through DANA.
ii. User shall maintain the confidentiality of OTP and take full responsibility for personal data, information, as well as security and availability and control of Telecommunication Device and Handphone Number used to receive the OTP code. Any losses arising from the failure/negligence of User in maintaining the confidentiality and security of OTP is User’s full responsibility. Every OTP code that has been successfully verified from the DANA account will be considered as legitimate Transaction and/or activity from User, from and therefore will be binding and have legal consequences on the relevant User.
iii. User agree to bear all related risks when disclosing the OTP code to any third party and to be fully responsible for any consequences associated with it.
iv. EDIK does not know and will never ask User to disclose the OTP to EDIK.
3) DANA Viz (Face Verification)
i. DANA Viz is a face recognition authentication method provided by EDIK as a security feature that can be chosen by DANA User. DANA User will be asked to scan their face image in real time for verification purposes. The availability of the Face Verification function will depend on the features and specifications of User’s Telecommunication Device.
ii. By activating DANA Viz, User who has registered as a Premium Account understands and agrees that the scanned face image of the User will be verified by the face photo that User has uploaded to the DANA application when User want to register as a Premium Account, to identify the User. User represents and warrants that the User's face image registered on the Premium Account is the User's own face image.
iii. By activating DANA Viz, User who has not registered as a Premium Account understands and agrees that the facial image scanned when activating DANA Viz will be stored and used to identify the User as stipulated in Point (5) of the DANA Viz Terms and Conditions. User represents and warrants that the scanned user's face image is the User's own face image.
iv. By activating DANA Viz, User also understands and agrees to provide EDIK with access to the camera and/or gallery system (as relevant) installed on the User's Telecommunication Device, in order to be able to scan the User's face image and save it on the DANA application with the aim of :
a) Identify and verify the User when the User registers on the DANA application;
b) Identify and verify the User when the User wants to access (log in) the DANA application; and/or
c) Identify and verify the User when the User makes a Transaction using the DANA application.
v. Every series of activation and/or use of authentication through DANA Viz made by the User will be considered by EDIK as a valid and binding instruction/request from the User, without EDIK needing to make further requests to obtain authority or identify the User. User understands and agrees that if necessary for security purposes, EDIK requires the User to authenticate a Transaction with the User's password and/or other forms of authentication even though the User has authenticated it through the DANA Viz.
vi. Approval and/or rejection of the DANA Viz activation request is the absolute authority of EDIK with due observance of the applicable laws and regulations. EDIK may withdraw the consent if an inappropriate identity is found or an indication of account misuse by the User is found.
vii. User can deactivate DANA Viz at any time through the "My Account" then "SmartPay" menu available in the DANA application. User understands that the non-activation of the DANA Viz, EDIK may still, but is not obligated, require the User to first enter the password or OTP of the User's DANA account for the purposes of authorization and identification of the User.
viii. The User is responsible for maintaining access to the User's DANA account in the event of an unauthorized access process and/or unauthorized use of Telecommunication Equipment by any third party.
ix. Users are required to maintain the security of their DANA account as well as the security and confidentiality of their DANA account password and OTP. DANA official parties never ask for OTP and User account passwords. Please do not disclose this data to any party. User understands that User is fully responsible for any loss or damage arising from misuse of User's DANA account due to User's fault and/or negligence. The user will immediately notify EDIK if knows or thinks that access to user’s DANA account has been lost or stolen or an unauthorized transaction occurs through the DANA 1500 445 call center or WhatsApp 08191 1500 445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. TOP UP TRANSACTION
Top up transaction means an electronic money top up of DANA Balance.
1. There are several top up methods:
1. Automatic Teller Machine (ATM);
2. Direct Debit Feature;
3. Internet Banking;
4. SMS Banking; and
Top up guidance of above-mentioned methods may be accessed by clicking the “Top Up” menu in DANA application.
2. EDIK does not record information used by User in top up transactions regarding passwords or tokens or other security codes, either temporary or permanent into DANA system. The transaction validation process through Bank or third party will be directly carried out by the Bank or the relevant transaction operator.
3. Top up transaction process through Bank using the methods above, will be taken over by and processed through the banking system. DANA application will only forward the status of “Successful” or “Failed” Transaction from the Bank.
4. In the event the top up transaction is declared “Successful” then the User’s balance in the related Bank account will be automatically deducted whereas DANA Balance will be added according to the appropriate amount. If DANA Balance has not properly added, User may contact DANA through Customer Care.
5. In the SMS Banking method, telecommunications operator will charge token delivery cost via SMS, which cost is determined directly by the telecommunications operator and borne by User.
6. User understands that top up transactions through third party channels may experience system and/or network disruptions from time to time, which will be third parties’ responsibilities. Therefore, EDIK is not responsible for such disruptions, however EDIK will make reasonable efforts to resolve the disruption with third party channels.
7. In the event of top up transactions through direct debit feature from User’s source of funds managed by third parties, EDIK will forward the instructions given by User regarding such direct debit activity to the relevant third party.
8. Information filled by User on direct debit feature may be saved in User’s DANA account, whereas there may be risks in User’s DANA account which affect direct debit feature. To avoid any doubts, risks arising from User negligence and/or other factors not caused by EDIK, is not the responsibility of EDIK.
9. Fees charged to DANA User are switching fees subjected to applicable service fees. EDIK will inform the applicable service fees from time to time.
For the time being or during the promotion period, EDIK may provide free administration fees quota to User. Information of free administration fees quota can be seen on DANA application when User do such Transaction (as relevant). EDIK has the right at any time to change the form and period of promotion by giving notice through the media determined by EDIK.
VI. DANA FEATURES
DANA User may do various Transaction through features available on DANA application.
1. DANA BALANCE
i. There is no interest towards DANA Balance, whereas User will not receive interest in any form. DANA Balance are not categorized as saving as referred to Laws on Banking and Laws on Sharia Banking and shall not be guaranteed by Deposit Insurance Institution as regulated by Laws on Deposit Insurance Institution.
ii. User may check DANA Balance through DANA application or through other means including facilities provided by third parties that are connected with DANA.
iii. DANA Balance can only be used for Transaction through DANA application. EDIK will not use DANA Balance for any activities outside DANA’s obligation to Merchant and User.
iv. DANA Balance may be used or transacted until zero balance.
2. CASH OUT
i. Cash Out means DANA Balance withdrawal feature through Bank account registered in DANA application or through other parties who cooperates with DANA.
ii. The amount of withdrawal balance by DANA User are subject to one-time withdrawal limitation, which stated in DANA application.
iii. Fees applied regarding to withdrawals to a bank account will be charged to User and will be deducted from DANA Balance when the withdrawal is being processed. The applicable fees will be informed on the transaction confirmation page including service fee subsidies in accordance with the applicable promotions provided by EDIK to User.
iv. EDIK is not responsible for any negligence made by User regarding Bank information input by DANA User. EDIK is also not responsible if the withdrawal of the DANA Balance is made by the User to a savings account at a bank that is not in the name of the User as the recipient of the remittance. All legal consequences arising from the withdrawal of the DANA Balance made by the User are the full responsibility of the User.
v. User understands that problems can occur on the Bank and/or Agent, so that they cannot process the withdrawal of the DANA Balance, even though EDIK has succeeded in sending transfer instructions to the Bank and/or Agent concerned.
vi. Cash Out feature can only be accessed and used by Premium Account according to this Terms and Conditions.
3. SEND MONEY
i. Send Money means DANA feature which User may transfer an amount or all of available DANA Balance and/or balance in saved card in DANA application, to other DANA User or non-DANA User through Bank account, and/or chat/messaging. This feature also enable the User to send a sum of cash to other DANA User or non-DANA User through an agent in collaboration with EDIK (Send to Cashier), by first the sender input the recipient’s identity information (including but not limited to the recipient's telephone number, name in accordance with the identity card, and the recipient's date of birth) as well as the nominal money to be sent to the recipient via DANA application.
ii. User will be prompted to choose available send money methods, then fill in recipient Handphone Number registered as DANA User or Bank account numbers, amount to be sent and notes (if any).
iii. By using Send Money feature, User also understands and agrees to provide EDIK’s access to the phonebook on the User’s Telecommunication Device, to be able to send money to other DANA User.
iv. The User is responsible for ensuring that all information entered by the User is true and accurate. All legal consequences caused by the User's error in entering the destination telephone number information and/or the nominal input error and/or recipient's identity (in Send to Cashier) which will be sent are entirely the responsibility of the User, and EDIK has no responsibility in any form.
vi. The send money feature on DANA Balance and the Send to Cashier feature can only be accessed and used by Premium Accounts in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
vii. As long as EDIK has succeeded in forwarding instructions from the User to the Bank and/or agent and/or other parties concerned, in the event of a problem/interference on the Bank and/or Agent and/or switching outside the control of EDIK, so that it cannot process balance withdrawal transactions. or there is a delay, then it is entirely the responsibility of the User and/or Bank and/or switching and/or agent. This also applies in the event that the DANA User uses the cashout feature for bill payment purposes where the risk of late bill payment is known and borne by the DANA User as the sender and/or destination bank as long as EDIK has successfully sent transfer instructions to the destination Bank and/or or Agent. However, if we receive a complaint from a User regarding the matter, then we may, at our discretion, forward the User's complaint to the said Bank partner/switching/EDIK agent or to the relevant third party for follow-up.
viii. In the event that the withdrawal of the DANA balance is intended to be received in physical cash directly by the User, the User is responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of every detail of the cash withdrawal information, including but not limited to any verification codes that may be required for cash withdrawals.
4. REQUEST MONEY
i. Request Money is a DANA feature where Users can request a nominal amount of money to other DANA Users by scanning a QR, sending a QR or by sending a request link for the requested nominal amount via chat/messaging media. Furthermore, the sender can send the nominal money in the form of a DANA Balance or the recipient's bank account according to the request of the User as the beneficiary who submitted the request.
ii. User error in inputting nominal in the Request for Money feature is not the responsibility of EDIK.
5. SAVE CARD
i. Save Card is a DANA feature where Users can save information related to debit cards and/or credit cards issued by banks that cooperate with EDIK into the User's account, which can be used to make transactions.
ii. To store the card, the User must enter the debit and/or credit card number information, the expiration date of the card, along with a 3 (three) digit CVV number. DANA users are fully responsible for the correctness of the card information provided to EDIK. By using the save card feature, the User guarantees and is responsible that the User is the rightful owner of the debit card and/or credit card whose information has been stored in the Save Card feature by the User and/or the User has obtained approval, power of attorney, authorization, and/or the authority of the rightful owner of the debit card and/or credit card whose information has been stored in the Save Card feature by the User.
iii. The user will be asked to enter an OTP, in the DANA application, which will be sent directly by the user's debit/credit card issuing bank to the user's phone number registered with the bank that issued the debit/credit card on the verification page in the DANA application.
iv. The OTP code is confidential so the User must not disclose it to any party. With respect to the OTP, the User is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the debit/credit card issuing bank whose information is stored in the Save Card feature by the User. EDIK is not responsible for any consequences of the User's carelessness in maintaining the Mobile Number (Handphone) it has including but not limited to events including loss, damage, misuse by irresponsible parties or forgery. The User is fully responsible for and free EDIK from all consequences and risks arising in connection with the User's negligence in maintaining the confidentiality of the User's information and/or OTP code.
v. For card verification purposes, the User will be charged a temporary fee of IDR 10,000 (ten thousand rupiah) which will be immediately returned to the User after the card storage process in the DANA Account has been successful.
vi. Within 14 (fourteen) Business Days at the latest, EDIK will carry out a verification process for the card information provided by the user, once verified, the fee will be returned to the User.
vii. The CVV code on the user's debit and/or credit card is confidential and in accordance with applicable regulations, EDIK itself does not store the User's CVV code.
viii. The types of Transaction that can be made using a debit card as a source of funds are merchant payments, top up, and sending money/fund transfers, meanwhile, the types of Transaction that can be made using a credit card are payments to merchants only.
6. MANAGE BILLS
i. Manage bills is a feature of DANA that allows Users to manage their bills where DANA will provide reminder notifications for bill payments.
ii. Users can set reminders for billing services with parties who have collaborated with EDIK as listed in the DANA application.
iii. User can set billing date which can be changed at any time by User.
iv. DANA will not provide a reminder if the User has already paid the bill.
v. Users can check the details of successful payments for their bills on the history page of the DANA application.
vi. EDIK may provide other billing management features, namely subscription features for billing based on User approval. The User must comply with the terms and conditions as well as the subscription feature activation flow, if the User wants to activate the feature.
7. PURCHASE PHONE CREDIT AND BILLING
i. Top-up purchases of telecommunication operators or other operators can be made through the DANA application with available denominations or according to the instructions displayed in the DANA application.
ii. Payment of postpaid bills or monthly routine bills such as electricity bills, water bills, internet subscription bills, Telkom bills, and other routine bills can be done through the DANA application.
iii. EDIK is not responsible for losses due to User error/negligence in inputting detailed information, nominal and payment data.
8. REFERRAL CODE
i. Invite friends or Referral Code is a feature where the User can provide references to other prospective users or User relations to register the DANA application by sharing a referral link.
ii. The invite friends feature from DANA is a form of promotion provided with policies that vary from time to time. Users understand that each promotional activity has terms and conditions apply.
iii. Users can access rewards from each referral code that is successfully used by a friend of a User in the form of vouchers, cashback or other forms of gifts given by EDIK to Users in accordance with the applicable promotional policies.
iv. Users can use these rewards at Merchant determined by EDIK in accordance with the promotion policy in effect at that time.
v. EDIK has the right, without prior notification, to take the necessary actions, including stopping, canceling the promotional program, canceling the promo, if it is suspected that there is an act of fraud or misuse of the promotion from the User.
vi. EDIK has the right to ask for ID cards and photos, from time to time if necessary, for the verification process against Users.
9. PROMO QUEST
i. Promo quest (Promo Quest) is one of the application features where the User is required to complete several tasks, and/or various game scenarios, determined by EDIK, to get various promotions from DANA.
ii. Tasks or game scenarios in the promo search feature from DANA are a form of promotion given with policies that vary from time to time. Users understand that each promotional activity has terms and conditions apply.
iii. Users can use the promotion at DANA Merchant partners throughout Indonesia or at other partners appointed by EDIK in accordance with the promotion policy in effect at that time.
iv. EDIK has the right, without prior notification, to take the necessary actions, including stopping, canceling the promotional program, canceling the promo if it is suspected that there is an act of fraud or abuse from the User for the use of the Promo Quest feature.
i. Loyalty is a feature of the DANA application that is based on the collaboration between EDIK and Merchant in the form of a loyalty card where the User gets loyalty points for every payment through DANA made at the Merchant.
ii. Users must activate the loyalty card available on the "Loyalty Card" menu to get points and/or benefits/benefits offered by each Merchant to Users.
iii. Users can exchange loyalty points for discount vouchers that can be used for Transactions at Merchants who cooperate with EDIK in this loyalty program.
iv. Users will get 1 (one) Loyalty Point for each Transaction according to the minimum spending conditions set by EDIK which may change from time to time and will be notified to the User. EDIK has full discretion and authority to determine the terms and conditions regarding the minimum Transaction value which is a condition for obtaining Loyalty Points and the number of Loyalty Points that can be obtained from the minimum Transaction.
v. Users must use DANA as a payment method to earn loyalty points on every Transaction at Merchant.
vi. The number of loyalty points that a User earns varies based on the Merchant chosen by the User.
vii. Loyalty points have a validity period where if the validity period has expired, the remaining loyalty points will be returned to 0 (zero) points.
viii. EDIK has the right, without prior notification, to take actions that are deemed necessary, including stopping, canceling the promotional program, canceling the promo, to Users who are suspected of abuse in getting promos in this program.
11. DANA PAYLATER
i. DANA Paylater is a feature of the DANA application in the context of providing financing for product purchases with payment in installments for Users, which is held in collaboration with partners appointed by EDIK.
ii. The Paylater DANA feature can only be accessed and used by Premium Account Users.
iii. Users are required to complete all necessary information such as personal data, family data, and information related to the User's work.
iv. After receiving User data, EDIK partners will carry out verification, namely carrying out credit scoring and/or risk profiling.
v. Based on the verification results, the EDIK partner will make a decision to approve or reject the Paylater DANA application by the User.
vi. EDIK and/or EDIK partners have the right to reject the User for the application for the Paylater DANA facility based on the results of the assessment of the User's profile if it is found that there is an inappropriate User identity and the results of the user profile assessment are not in accordance with the provisions of EDIK, the legal provisions and the prevailing laws and regulations.
vii. Users can make purchase transactions for products offered by EDIK, except for products that do not have a license to be traded in accordance with statutory provisions and/or which are not allowed in accordance with the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions.
viii. Users understand that EDIK partners have the right to charge installation fees for DANA Paylater Users.
ix. Users must first understand and agree to all the terms and conditions of the credit facilities offered in the Paylater DANA feature before applying for Paylater DANA registration.
12. DANA BUSINESS ACCOUNT
i. DANA Business Account is a feature to help Users fulfill their business/individual business payment needs. DANA Business Account provides payment via a link, a balance withdrawal feature, and a feature to view Transactions and payment status.
ii. Verified DANA users can activate a DANA Business Account by filling in complete and detailed business/business profile information according to the form available in the DANA application.
iii. By applying for the activation of the DANA Business Account, the User acknowledges and agrees to and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the DANA Business Account.
13. SHOPPING AT MERCHANT OR PURCHASE OF GOODS/SERVICES
i. Users can make payment transactions for purchases at Merchant or purchase goods/services using the DANA application including other means belonging to third parties connected to DANA services.
ii. In payment transactions for purchases at Merchant or purchasing goods/services or purchasing goods/services using the DANA application, the User will also be subject to the terms and conditions of purchase imposed on/by the Merchant and/or the provider of the said goods/services.
iii. All forms of promotion at DANA Merchant are subject to the respective terms and conditions of the applicable promotion as well as a certain promotional period. The form, terms and conditions, as well as the promotion period are the absolute authority of EDIK.
i. Feed is a feature that can be used by Users to share activities in the DANA application and other information with fellow DANA Users. By activating the Feed feature, Users automatically follow and share activities with other DANA Users on the Feed page.
ii. Users may at any time disable activity sharing with other DANA Users through the profile settings page.
iii. By using the Feed feature on the DANA application, the User understands and agrees to provide access (i) to EDIK to the contact phone number on the User's electronic device for use in connection with activities on the Feed feature and (iii) share activities in the DANA Application. Users also understand and agree to disclose their personal information and other information related to transactions through the DANA Application to fellow DANA Users, including but not limited to profile picture, name and transaction records, depending on the preferences shared.
iv. The user understands all the consequences arising from the activation of the Feed feature and is responsible for using the Feed feature in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and agrees not to abuse the Feed feature for purposes that can harm EDIK and/or other DANA users and misuse it which can cause a violation of provisions of laws and regulations as well as the rights of other parties based on the provisions of laws and regulations. EDIK has the authority at its sole discretion to remove or hide comments and/or posts on Feed features that are deemed inappropriate.
15. DANA ON THIRD PARTY APPLICATION
Users who make Transactions using payment services on the DANA application through applications or platforms belonging to third parties/partners/merchants in collaboration with EDIK, then the User understands and understands that there are more specific terms and conditions regulated by third parties and/or special terms and conditions as further specified by EDIK on such third party applications (as relevant). The User is responsible for the negligence/error of the User who makes Transactions in the application belonging to the third party.
16. THIRD PARTY COOPERATION IN DANA APPLICATION
Users understand that there are Terms and Conditions for the DANA Application as well as more specific terms and conditions in products or features of third party collaboration with PT EDIK that can be accessed in the DANA application, both currently and in the future with prior notice, including but not limited to in the form of cooperation between merchants, partners (including banks), aggregators, and other payment/financial services.
17. OPENING OF THIRD PARTY BANK ACCOUNTS THROUGH DANA
Users who open third party partner bank accounts in the DANA application which are forwarded to the platform belonging to the third party partner bank PT EDIK in collaboration with EDIK, then the User understands and understands that there are more specific terms and conditions regulated by the third party partner bank and/or special terms and conditions to be determined further by EDIK. The User also understands that all information and/or documents submitted by the User for the purpose of opening a third party partner bank account in the DANA Application will fully belong to the third party partner bank for account opening purposes. The user understands and understands that the refusal to open an account to a third party partner bank is the full authority of the third party partner bank which is outside the control of PT EDIK. The User is responsible for the negligence/error of the User entering his/her information and/or documents in the DANA application for the purpose of opening the account.
VII. TIME PRIOD
User's DANA account will be valid as long as the account is not permanently closed, either by the User or by EDIK.
VIII. DANA SERVICE FEE
1. Fees for using DANA features, which are determined by EDIK, Banks, Agents, or by third parties in collaboration with EDIK, will be deducted directly from the User's DANA Balance with prior notification. EDIK can apply free promotions with certain quotas and periods. Such changes will be notified through the communication media determined by DANA.
2. With respect to payment instruments that can be stored on and used through the DANA application, EDIK may set fees for processing payment transactions using payment instruments issued by other parties, whether debit cards, credit cards or electronic money other than DANA.
3. Banks or other payment instrument issuing institutions that cooperate with EDIK may charge fees for each Transaction through the DANA electronic wallet in accordance with the policy of the relevant payment instrument issuing Bank.
IX. DANA Protection for Unauthorized Transactions
1. DANA protection is a form of protection provided by EDIK to Verified Users to protect against unauthorized transactions caused by account takeovers (account take over/"ATO").
2. Verified Users must first follow the procedures and steps set by EDIK to be able to claim DANA Protection.
3. The forms of ATO recognized by DANA are:
i. loss of the DANA User's telecommunication equipment which makes the DANA Account inaccessible to the User. Limited to 1 incident/to the first loss report;
ii. ii. brute force attacks or acts of hacking DANA Account without permission by using certain systems or devices; or
4. DANA protection does not cover the following circumstances:
i. Cases of User negligence/fraud outside the ATO form recognized by DANA;
ii. Users who are suspected of making false and/or fraudulent claims;
iii. Malware in User tools;
iv. Transactions on trusted devices/environments;
v. 3rd party systems affected by hacks/malfunctions/downtime, force majeure.
5. DANA protection applies to DANA balances or cards stored in a DANA account, whether in the form of a credit card or debit card.
6. To make a DANA Protection claim, a Verified User must notify DANA within 7 calendar days of the occurrence of ATO/potential ATO through the official DANA User Care (Customer Care) complaint line. User's failure to provide notification within the specified period will result in the DANA Protection being unable to be processed.
7. Users are required to provide information for investigation purposes as requested by EDIK in writing. Failure to provide the info/documentation requested by EDIK will result in the DANA Protection being unable to be processed.
8. Especially for the value of losses due to ATO starting from Rp. 2,500,000 (two million and five hundred Rupiah), must be accompanied by a police complaint report to EDIK; Loss of the DANA User's telecommunication equipment which causes the DANA Account to be inaccessible to the User, must also be accompanied by a police complaint report.
9. DANA Protection provides compensation according to the amount of Verified User's loss with a maximum nominal of Rp. 10,000,000 (ten million Rupiah) per Verified User;
10. Policies and decisions regarding DANA Protection, requirements, exceptions and types of ATO in DANA Protection, sources of funds included in DANA Protection, as well as nominal replacement, are the absolute authority of EDIK. The EDIK policy in DANA Protection is provided without prejudice to the User's obligation to maintain all forms of personal information, namely sensitive information in the form of name, date of birth, registered mobile number or other alternative mobile number, PIN, OTP or other verification information, card number stored in the Account. DANA (or those not stored in the DANA Account) in connection with the ownership of the User's DANA Account.
11. decisions regarding DANA protection are the inviolable authority of EDIK or DANA.
12. The DANA Protection Policy and its terms and conditions are subject to change, and the changes will be notified to the User through the media appointed by EDIK.
X. DANA ELECTRONIC WALLET
1. The balance of DANA and/or payment instruments stored in DANA can be used for payment for services on the DANA application or for purchases at Merchant, with due observance of the policies of the issuer of the payment instrument used by the User.
2. EDIK only forwards User instructions to the issuing party of payment instruments to make payments using payment instruments issued by other parties in cooperation with EDIK through DANA. User payment transactions can only be processed if the issuing party of the relevant payment instrument authorizes the instruction.
3. Transactions that have been confirmed by the User to be processed cannot be canceled unilaterally by the User. EDIK has the authority and discretion to determine the decision on the cancellation request based on a case-by-case review by EDIK.
4. EDIK is the operator of the payment system and the User understands that EDIK has no control or responsibility for the goods or services paid for with DANA. Every complaint and/or claim by the User against the issuer of a payment instrument other than DANA is the responsibility of the issuer of the relevant payment instrument, however EDIK may accept the complaint and/or claim of the User to be forwarded and resolved to and by the issuer of the relevant payment instrument.
5. Users can provide electronic instructions to delete payment instrument data from the DANA electronic wallet feature.
6. If the User requests a refund on another payment instrument in the DANA electronic wallet, the refund claim can be submitted directly to the relevant Merchant. EDIK will forward a claim for refund of another payment instrument based on the request of the Merchant to the issuer of the relevant payment instrument. Users can also submit claims for refunds of other payment instruments to EDIK no later than 7 (seven) calendar days from the date of the Transaction by submitting sufficient supporting evidence. Furthermore, EDIK will forward the claim for refund of other payment instruments to the issuer of the relevant payment instrument based on the results of EDIK's review of the claim.
1) EDIK may at any time make corrections of (by conducting a debit or credit) DANA Balance if according to EDIK records there are errors in Transactions, systems, networks, or errors in other forms by verifying first, if:
a. There is a direct request or approval from the User
b. There are complaints and/or reports of fraudulent act of the DANA Account;
c. There is a direct request from the police, court order, other competent authorities based on the provisions of the applicable regulations; and
d. There is a direct request from a third party partner of EDIK to EDIK including Banks, Merchants, and other third parties after going through a verification process by EDIK.
Information regarding corrections to User Balances is submitted by EDIK through the User's DANA Account.
2) Regarding to requests for correction by third parties, EDIK will examine and decide according to EDIK assessment and policy. EDIK will not make corrections to DANA Balance without information deemed sufficient for EDIK to prove an error in the Transaction.
3) In relation with the correction as referred to number 1) and number 2), User hereby grants an irrevocable authority to EDIK to debit and/or credit User's DANA Balance.
XII. DANA ACCOUNT BLOCKING
1) DANA account can be wholly or partially blocked, in accordance with EDIK policy, upon the following conditions:
i. User fill an incorrect PIN and/or password 4 (four) times in a row;
ii. Users file official request, either because of User report due to lost or stolen or hacked cellular phone. User must provide related information/data in connection with the needs of the User's request.
iii. Conducted one-sidedly by EDIK due to reasons according to DANA policy which has adverse indication to EDIK and/or an indication of violation upon applicable laws and regulations, with or without prior notification to the User, namely:
a) There is a request from the state authority or law enforcement authority, or;
c) If User provide data/information and information that is incorrect or misleading during registration or while using DANA, or;
d) There are indications of misuse of DANA service for activities that violate applicable laws and regulations, or;
e) DANA accounts are not used for a minimum period of 6 (six) consecutive months.
f) If EDIK based on consideration is accompanied by the results of verification and monitoring of transactions and the User Account has other compelling reasons.
2) Re-activation of the blocked account due to the reasons referred to section 1. above is under the authority of EDIK and EDIK also has full authority to temporarily or permanently disable User’s access to DANA Account and/or partly or all features and services of DANA application.
XIII. ACCOUNT DEACTIVATION
1) DANA account can be deactivated due to following conditions:
i. An official request from User submitted through Customer Service contact line, by fulfilling the procedures and EDIK’s requirements.
ii. There is a request from the state authority or law enforcement authority.
iii. EDIK policy based on applicable laws and regulations;
iv. Forceful conditions that occur for 3 (three) months or more in a row; and/or
v. Termination of operational activities for any reason.
2) EDIK will return DANA balance to User whom deactivate DANA account after deducting the outstanding fees (if any), unless it is necessary to hold a certain part of the DANA balance if based on the verification results, DANA finds that:
1. Part of the DANA Balance in connection with or caused to fraud
2. Part of the DANA Balance is the result of misuse of the DANA Account/violation of these terms and conditions
3. Part of the DANA Balance is a violation of other laws or is an indication of a violation of the law
3) In relation to DANA Account deactivation, User and DANA agree to terminate these Terms and Conditions without going through the Court (waive provision of Article 1266 of the Civil Code), as long as a court decision is required for the closure of the DANA account and/or termination of these Terms and Conditions.
XIV. OFFICIAL CONTACT FOR INFORMATION AND COMPLAINTS
User may ask questions about DANA services or submit complaints by contacting DANA User Services (Customer Care) at:
- Phone call to 1500 445;
- WhatsApp Chat to 081911500445; or
- Email to email@example.com
Information related to DANA service and promotions that currently applied directly on DANA can be accessed through website: www.dana.id.
XV. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1) To prevent misuse of User data or DANA Account, User must remember and maintain the confidentiality of their data information including but not limited to Handphone Numbers that are registered on DANA accounts or alternative Handphone Number, passwords or PINs and/or verification codes or OTP, answers to registered secret questions or other data given by User or received by User regarding Transactions or for any activities or Transactions that occurs / is done by User by not disclosing it to any party. The user is fully responsible for all consequences and risks arising in connection with User's negligence in maintaining the confidentiality of User's data information.
2) User must protect his information stated above, from events including loss, damage, misuse by irresponsible parties or counterfeiting. User hereby acknowledges and agrees to release EDIK from any liability and compensation in any form to User or any party for matters that occur beyond EDIK's fault and/or negligence including but not limited to the following events:
a. Loss or damage of Telecommunication Devices or Handphone Numbers;
b. Unauthorized access to User's personal information that occurs outside the scope of EDIK's responsibilities or in third party’s app;
c. Any losses incurred due to DANA Users indicated to violate the law and/or there is abuse of any kind of action by other unauthorized parties;
3) In the event of loss of the Handphone either due to theft, loss or any reason, User must immediately contact DANA Customer Care to block the relevant DANA Account. User hereby discharge and releases EDIK from all risks and consequences arising and suffered by User in relation to loss of alternate Handphone Number or Handphone Number or User's negligence correlated with it.
4) EDIK, at its sole discretion, has the right to reject the User registration request of DANA services if there is an indication of a discrepancy in the identity or profile of the User in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. User registration status information will be notified to the User through the page on the DANA Application. User’s registration status information will be notified to the User through DANA Application.
5) Users are hereby required to check, ensure and guarantee that all information and data registered or provided while using DANA are accurate, true, and complete, and not misleading. Therefore, the User releases and discharges EDIK from all forms of lawsuits, demands and/or compensation both originating from the User or any party and in any form in connection with the negligence and/or failure of the User to comply with all provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
6) If the Transaction has been completed, User hereby acknowledge and agree that the transaction CANNOT be undo for any reason and the Transaction will still be processed in accordance with the information and data that have been registered and entered by User.
8) In the event of a technical problem on the network or in the event that a service or network improvement is being carried out, a change in service or network, repair and/or maintenance of the service or network used by EDIK causing disruption to DANA services, EDIK will immediately handle and/or repair it within a maximum period of 1 (one) working day and for that the User will receive a notification from the DANA application. EDIK will give further notification if it takes longer time to handle and/or fix the technical problem.
9) In the event of a DANA system error due to any reason resulting in disruption of the DANA service or errors in the execution of services or Transactions that were not caused by the User, EDIK will repair the error as soon as possible or within 1 (one) working day or a maximum of 3 (three) working days since the error occurred.
10) Any losses, including costs, interest, damages or losses of any kind or type (including personal injury, emotional distress and loss of data, goods, income, profits, use or other economic benefits) suffered by the User or third parties due to the User's fault or third parties other than EDIK, including merchants and EDIK partners who provide top-up channels, withdraw balances and send money, are the responsibility of the User.
11) Any losses, including late fees or other fees, interest, damages or losses of any kind or type (including personal injury, emotional distress and loss of data, goods, income, profits, use or other economic benefits) that occur due to system failures or problems from the Bank or EDIK partners outside the control of EDIK as long as EDIK has processed it, then it becomes the responsibility of the User.
12) EDIK is responsible for direct losses, namely the amount actually paid, arising from or in connection with the use of a DANA account, which can be proven to have occurred due to EDIK's fault or EDIK's violation of these Terms and Conditions. All indirect and immaterial losses, including costs, interest, damages or losses of any kind or type (including personal injury, emotional distress and loss of data, goods, income, profits, use or other economic benefits) suffered by the User or third parties is the responsibility of the User.
XVI. FORCE MAJEURE
Failure to carry out or delay in the implementation of partly or all of the obligations under the Terms and Conditions by EDIK will not be considered a violation of the Terms and Conditions if they are caused by an event that is beyond EDIK's control or commonly referred to as Force Majeure including but not limited to (a) natural disasters (b) fire, labor strikes, war, riots, rebellions or other military actions (c) actions of authorized parties/agencies that affect the continuity of the provision of telecommunications services (d) actions of third parties that cause EDIK cannot provide telecommunications services (e) any decisions from the competent authority or changes in decisions from the government that affect the implementation of DANA services including changes in the application of tariffs to Users and (f) outbreaks, epidemics, and / or disease pandemics. User agrees to release EDIK from any claim, if EDIK is unable to fulfill the User's requests through DANA account either partly or in full because of a Force Majeure.
XVII. SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF TRANSACTIONS
2) DANA uses adequate servers to maintain the security of User's confidential information. All sensitive information will be sent via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology in condition which data can only be accessed by personnel whom have special authority in order to always maintain the confidentiality of such information.
3) EDIK applies reasonable steps to ensure User's PIN is not known to anyone except the User to avoid misuse by other parties. Thus, User is fully responsible for the confidentiality of User's PIN.
4) In the event that EDIK has a collaboration with other third parties in relation to provide access to DANA services to Users through relevant third-parties facilities then:
i. EDIK may display User informations or/and other information to relevant third parties for the purpose of maintaining system security
5) EDIK may use authorization facilities other than DANA which are jointly determined by EDIK and third parties in cooperation with EDIK.
6) EDIK guarantees that the implementation provisions as referred to in sections i) and ii) have complied with the security standards and provisions of DANA as well as the prevailing laws and regulations.
XVIII. REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTIES
1) User represent and ensure that according to the applicable laws and regulations User is party that is capable, entitle or allowed to use all features and services by EDIK.
2) User represent and ensure that User is an individual who is legally authorized to be bound by an agreement based on the laws of the Republic of Indonesia, specifically to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. User, at the time of accessing, registering, and/or using DANA, is at least 21 years old or has been married, and is not under a guardianship. If User is below 21 years old and has never been married at the time of accessing, registering, and/or using DANA, User hereby declares and ensures that User has obtained the approval from parents/legal trustee to access, register, and/or use DANA.
4) User represent and ensure that User will use DANA properly according to these Terms and Conditions and the applicable laws and regulations in Indonesia, and will not take any action aimed at avoiding, penetrating, and/or exploiting security system or causing disruption and/or damage to DANA system, account, products, features misuse by User or cause harm to DANA and/or other User. User are fully responsible for any consequences caused by user’s violation to these terms.
5) User represent and ensure that fund used related to the Transaction services, does not belongs to any criminal acts or prohibited acts in accordance to applicable laws and regulations valid in the Republic of Indonesia, the opening of DANA Account does not for the objective of and/or dedicated in order to any effort which related to the money laundering activities and terrorism financing in accordance to the related laws and regulations valid in the Republic of Indonesia, transaction does not dedicated to deceived, covering, avoid report to Financial Transaction Reports and Analysis Center (Pusat Pelaporan dan Analisa Transaksi Keuangan/ PPATK) in accordance to the applicable laws and regulations valid in the Republic of Indonesia, Transactions are not conducted to make payments for transactions that are object in violation of the laws and regulations in force in the Republic of Indonesia, User is fully responsible and releases DANA from any liability, claim and or penalty in any form if Users is proven involved in the money laundering activities in accordance to the applicable laws and regulations in the Republic of Indonesia.
6) Users hereby declare and guarantee that his party will always use the DANA account safely, maintain the confidentiality of his user's ID number, PIN, OTP, Password and other information that might cause his DANA account to be misused.
7) User hereby declare that User will complete all data or complete EDIK’s request for data or additional documents regarding to an internal investigation/search/follow-up examination of a suspicious transaction and/or is indicated to violate the Terms and Conditions or the applicable laws and regulations.
8) User may not give authority, right and/or power of attorney in any forms and any condition to person or parties to use data, account and/or PIN. User for any reason in any condition are prohibited to transfer/ hand over the account to person or any parties.
9) User represent and ensure that User will not be for any reason asking to return any documents which are already submitted, therefore EDIK is entitled to use such data and information related to Transaction service or related to the administrative matters of the User account in DANA or promotion or marketing programs of DANA, unless it is obliged by applicable law.
10) User represent and ensure to update and inform EDIK whenever there is changes of data related to Users who have been registered and/or submitted to EDIK.
11) By conducting Transaction through DANA application, then Users herewith understands that all communication method or instruction from User received by DANA will be treated as authentic evidence even though it is not in the written form of document or issued in the form of document signed by both parties. User hereby represent and ensure that User are not and will not deny the enforceability and validity of communication and electronic instructions submitted by User through DANA, as authentic evidence.
12) User hereby understand and agree that DANA services are provided “as is” and “as available”, without EDIK’s assurance of services provided through DANA are suited for specific User need. In such condition, DANA does not assure that (i) DANA usage may satisfy User need, (ii) DANA will be available from time to time without disruption or error, (iii) every discrepancy within DANA application will be improved to meet User’s expectation. However, EDIK will continue to try its best and as reasonable as possible to provide the best service for User.
1) These Terms and Conditions are be subject to, governed, and implemented according to law of the Republic of Indonesia.
2) In the event of dispute in the interpretation or implementation of Terms and Conditions, DANA and User agree to resolve the dispute through deliberation. If DANA and User cannot reach an agreement through deliberation, then the user can also submit complaints through the Agency or Dispute Settlement Institution or to Bank Indonesia. If the methods above are not successful, then the dispute shall be resolved through the South Jakarta District Court.
3) These Terms and Conditions are made in Bahasa Indonesia and English. In the event of an inconsistency between the English version and the Bahasa Indonesia version, then EDIK and Users agree to use Bahasa Indonesia as a binding language.
4) DANA, including its name and logo, codes, designs, technologies and business formulas, are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and other intellectual property rights available under the laws of the Republic of Indonesia. EDIK (and those who are related to DANA license, if applicable) own all rights and interests of DANA, including all intellectual property rights related thereto. These Terms and Conditions are not and in no way shall be deemed to be granting the Users permission to use any of DANA intellectual property rights as mentioned above.
5) The waiver or suspension or failure by EDIK to do direct actions, apply sanctions, or carrying out EDIK's rights or obligations, and/or filling a lawsuit or a lawsuit against violations of these Terms and Conditions, does not eliminate the User's obligations and is not a waiver of EDIK's right to take any action that needed in the future.
6) Users are prohibited and/or cannot transfer their rights and obligations in these Terms and Conditions, without prior approval from EDIK based on EDIK's considerations and policies. The transfer of all or part of the DANA Balance made by the User to any other party, is not a transfer or a form of transfer of an account or DANA account.
7) If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be illegal, unlawful, or unenforceable, in whole or in part, under any law or principle, the provision or part thereof shall be deemed not to be part of these Terms and Conditions, and any other provisions in these Terms and Conditions are still valid and enforceable.
8) These Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, including any features or services offered in DANA Account, may be modified, added, or amended from time to time at DANA’s discretion. Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be notified to the User.
11) Transactions of Users done through DANA are saved electronically in DANA servers. Users acknowledge that DANA has used its best endeavor to maintain the system security. However, in the event of any direct discrepancy between data, balance and/or transaction history in Users’ DANA Account, User agrees that the applicable and recognized data, balances, or history transactions are those owned by EDIK.
12) User understands that when using DANA Account, User’s personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed by DANA so that User may benefit full DANA service.
13) User may contact DANA Customer Care or access DANA application and DANA website to find out information regarding DANA products and DANA services.
14) User shall receive notice regarding product or service or recent promotion of DANA through personal communication or through application of DANA. If User is not willing to receive the notice then User may contact DANA Customer Care.
User understands and agrees that these Terms and Conditions are electronic agreements and the User's action of pressing the Register/Activate button or the sign-in button or tick the consent box when accessing DANA is an User's consent to enter into an agreement with EDIK so that the applicability of these Terms and Conditions are valid and legally binding and continue to apply throughout the use of DANA application.
EDIK may transfer EDIK rights based on these Terms and Conditions without prior approval from User or notify User in advance.